Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers,
but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain,
but for the heart to conquer it.

- Rabindranath Tagore

Inspirational Music

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday 12/12/2010

Wow, just thinking about all that happened since Friday is boggling my mind. I hope I can get it all down.

I give up....just kidding.

So i'll start with what's on my mind. I have a friend who is going to be in Chennai over the December as well. I had originally planned on trying to fly there for Christmas but ticket prices are outrageous at the moment. So I am going tomorrow to V.T. station way down in Mumbai (yes the one on Slumdog Millionaire) to see if there are any seats open on a train. Andi has told me that there are quotas for tourists on each train and he believes i should be able to get tickets. So please pray for that, I would really like to see my friend for Christmas not to mention travel from one coast of India to the other by rail.

I also had my first home visit yesterday. I was able to visit with another staff member from JSK with an elderly gentleman for almost 2 hours. He has quite a long list of medical problems but was in good spirits overall. It was very stretching to be put in that situation so quickly but I am thankful for the experience and being able to be an encouragement to this man. I look forward to seeing him in the clinic soon.

Ah, Friday night, i knew something happened friday night. I was able to share my experiences over the past two years with a large home church group that Andi is a part of. I don't even care that i ended that sentence with a preposition. It was very encouraging to many of the people there and I am glad I had enough time to share some of the details that normally get left out.

I'm becoming familiar with the area. I could walk to the clinic from where I'm staying if I had the inclination. It is a few kilometers though and I don't want to put my legs through that rigor. My point is i know where I am and where it is. i love how india is so urban and dense. the streets are always lively and also hard to navigate but not impossible.

Oh and the weather! The weather is simply amazing! I have never experienced weather this beautiful in India! It might have gotten into the 80's but not by much. I wake up in the morning and its cool. I feel like I'm on vacation or something. The food is also cooler here. I guess when they say that food in Hyderabad is really hot even for India standards is true. I think it was good to start there then because now the food I eat tastes really good and is not too spicy for me.

My legs are doing very well and holding up despite increased activity. I get quite a bit more walking in here than when I was at school and I was half a block from classes.

I've been blessed to be able to spend a lot of time with Andi and his family! I really enjoy spending time getting to know each of them.

Well, i'm going to bed now. have a great day (i chuckled as i wrote that)

c.

No comments: