Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers,
but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain,
but for the heart to conquer it.

- Rabindranath Tagore

Inspirational Music

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Walking

God is Good.

God is Sovereign.

I have said those two phrases from close to the beginning. He most certainly is both, completely.

I have no words for what it was to stand again, to take the first step and continue walking, to carry my crutches to the car, and be unable to stop smiling.

X walking
running
hiking
X riding a bicycle
riding a motorcycle
snowboarding
dancing
climbing
swimming

yes, thats right, i just jumped right on and took a friends bike for a ride around the student union at UNL! i think it's a good first step towards getting back on my bike (motorcycle that is).

Looking back over the last 7 months is more like trying to remember the last 7 years. So much has happened. In many ways, I'm not sure I would recognize the guy I was that morning. In so many though, I feel like I'm the same old Caleb.

its my birthday today. what a present!

2 comments:

Tami Tucker said...

I am trying not to cry......I am at work. Happy Birthday Caleb! I LUV U!!!!!

lori taylor said...

yeah, I'm fighting tears too. Seeing God in your life, in your new feet, in your gratitude, in what comes next is giving me strong goose bumps!