Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers,
but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain,
but for the heart to conquer it.

- Rabindranath Tagore

Inspirational Music

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Snowboarding

Yesterday I snowboarded. The only way to describe it is a blessing from God, an outpouring of His Amazing Grace into my life! I can't believe that a mountain was open on May 2nd with enough snow for me to try, but A-basin was. So the video I put up shows me getting up the first time! God gave me the strength to just start snowboarding! I made it down the entire first run without falling, and I started from a normal run not the little bunny slope. God is incredible! I made it to the top of the mountain and down a few of the hardest blue runs. The day was not without complications; though, my leg actually came off on the lift! It didn't fall, but my leg was totally out of the socket on the prosthetic so it looked like my leg was broke in half. We were able to get it back on in such a way that I rode my board off the lift like a sled and out of the way. I also had to ride with an incredible amount of pain. I gladly accepted that bad with the good God was giving me. The day was an incredible success!

So I woke up today and I feel like I got hit by a train. Every inch of my body is aching, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

2 comments:

Tami Tucker said...

Caleb, I am crying out of complete joy for you! I am thankful for your determination & seeing my heartfelt prayer through those early days answered....that God would protect your heart from bitterness. :) I love you so much!!! Love, Mom

Mrs. Carlisle said...

AWESOME! From someone who has never been snowboarding... that was pretty awesome and you made it look awfully easy. God is Good!